When you think of customer experience, the first thing that comes to mind probably isn’t another business. As more B2B businesses emerge, it is clear that their CX is just as important as B2C – but in a different way. While there may be some overlapping strategies, B2B customers expect a more high-level experience. But what are the best practices to implement to get the customer experience solutions your B2B clients desire?
Clear Company Goals
Before you start determining what strategies you need to implement, your company should have a solid business plan. Using data-driven decision-making to define exactly what you want to achieve and formulate goals will help you hone your efforts to improve B2B CX experience strategies. In addition to this, conducting market research to figure out your B2B customer’s needs, wants, and expectations can assist with figuring out the best course of action.
Customer Experience Strategies
1. Maintain efficient response times. No customer wants to wait for information. The more you can keep your insights in real-time and your response times short, the happier your customers will be.
2. Consistent experience for all customers. Each transaction should have as similar of an experience as possible to avoid favoritism. Ensuring equal treatment for each customer will not only keep positive reviews consistent but also increase the likelihood that the customer will continue to do business with you.
3. Keep your materials relevant to your customer’s needs. Avoid making your customers sift through non-relevant information to find what they need. Analytics, insights, contracts, or any other business document/communication should be relevant to customer needs and the scope of the product or service you are providing. Tracking your CX key performance indicators (KPIs) can help with measuring how well your efforts are doing.
4. Know who your customers are. Take the time to invest in getting to know your clients, showing them that you are truly invested in creating a solution that matches their company values and goals. Regularly asking for feedback from your customers is a great way to do this.
5. Be transparent and genuine. Transparency and authenticity are huge parts of the customer experience. From pricing to operational procedures, your customer should be aware of everything that you’re doing that is relevant to the scope of work. They should also be able to trust that you will keep them informed about mistakes, challenges, or obstacles that are found.
6. Have clear expectations and guidelines for business practices. From the moment you begin work with a client, they should know exactly what to expect from you. Outline the procedures your business follows in a clear and concise way.
7. Make workflows manageable and user-friendly. Any program or communication system you use with clients should be easy to use, and not require extensive training. If possible, personalize the CX as much as possible to make your clients feel valued.
How We Can Help With Your Customer Experience Strategy
Creating a better CX can make a massive difference in the relationship you have with customers, as well as increase revenue for your business. With over 200 years of industry knowledge in our leadership, the Credence Global Solutions team can help you enhance your B2B customer experience – setting your organization apart from competitors. Contact us today to learn how we can jumpstart change for your B2B customers today.