Department – Software Development
The Data Architect needs to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and to see how a logical design will translate into Databases, and how the Data will flow through the successive Stages involved. Candidate will need to be able to address issues of Data Migration (Validation, Clean-up and Mapping), and will need to understand the importance of Data Dictionaries
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Experienced in databases technologies including schema design, query tuning, performance optimization, and diagnostics gathering. Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware optimization.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Minimum Experience – 12 + years in MS SQL, currently designated as DB architect
- Skills Required: MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, MSBI, reporting services (Power BI is preferred), database structure systems and data mining
- Need excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Should be able to prepare DB documentation, including architecture diagrams and schema.