Department – Software Development
The Software Development AVP will be responsible for product envisioning, leading and coordinating software development and maintenance activities throughout the product development lifecycle.
The candidate should have a strong passion for software technology, leading and motivating a team of software professionals, ability to deliver software products within agreed time lines, an ability to directly contribute to product development, and possesses previous experience delivering highly reliable, scalable enterprise class software applications.
- Collaborate with business Leaders in conceptualizing new technology platforms, technical strategic decisions, products or solutions and own the technology development roadmap
- Architect and design solutions by analyzing, researching, designing, prototyping, building and reviewing projects
- Brings in innovative ideas and applies them to add value to the work.
- Lead software development activities throughout the product or solution development lifecycle
- Analyzing infrastructure and performance requirements for the projects
- Manages a team that designs, develops, tests, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- Plans, schedules and directs work for a group of software managers/engineers and coordinate activities of the group to meet project deadlines and resolves conflicting demands of internal and external customers
- Contributes to development, and review of product requirements documents, and functional specifications Track progress, communicate risks and escalate concerns in a timely manner.
- Establish software development practices and standards.
- Delivers high quality products and ensure that best practices and sound Engineering principals are applied in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Builds world-class, development teams through clear expectations and objectives management, career development, and smart recruiting
- Actively participates in the continuous improvement of software development process
- Performs root-cause analysis, identifies problem areas, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- At least 15 years of experience in software design and development with 6 years in a software development leadership role within product engineering, platform development and/or solutions development
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including but not limited to waterfall, Agile and Scrum development practices
- Excellent leadership and management skills including: expectations and objectives management, decision-making, delegation, empowerment, coaching, and delegation.
- Must have experienced in Microsoft technologies
- Previous experience in developing and managing budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to document final requirements and design initial application flow diagram
- Preferable from Product Development companies
- Previous experience in advanced software design architecture, and project leadership
- Enterprise software design experience required
- Analytical Skills with ability to truly understand the full scope and impact of the project requirements